So, you've been asked to be a groomsmen in your buddy's upcoming wedding. Contrary to popular belief, it does entail more than wearing the chosen suit and taking advantage of the even't open bar. We've compiled a checklist breaking down the duties for groomsmen during the various stages of wedding planning to make it easy to do right by your friend.
• Offer to help the best man plan the bachelor party.
• Attend any engagement parties or couple’s showers thrown for the engaged couple.
• Get fitted for and pick up your tux or suit one or two days before the wedding day-this will give you enough time to make sure everything fits.
.THE WEDDING DAY
• If all of the groomsmen are getting dressed at a central location, make sure to arrive there on time.
• Smile for all of the photos.
• Make sure that the groom is relaxed and has had something to eat.
• If ushers aren’t being used, escort wedding guests to their seats as they arrive.
• Either escort a bridesmaid down the aisle or walk out with the groom (depending on which method the couple has chosen).
• Be introduced at the reception – and soak up the limelight!
• Dance with your bridesmaid partner if a wedding party dance is on tap.
• Help carry gifts o the car afterward.
• Help the bride’s family clean up after the reception is over
If you can follow these easy steps for success while being a groomsmen, you will not only have an appreciative groom, but your buddies make just take the time to do right by you when it's your turn to walk down the aisle.